Saturday, January 29, 2011

Music for the Soul

"I could say that I'll always be here for you, but that would be a lie and quite a pointless thing to do. And I could say that I'll always have feelings for you, but I've got a life ahead of me and I'm only 22..."

Those are lyrics to the song "I Could Say" by Lily Allen. I'm listening to it right now. Lily Allen is an amazing artist. Her songs have witty lyrics that are easy to relate to. Her sound is a unique one, one which is easy on the ears and appealing to all, I would think.

... Well maybe not if you like screamo.

Anyway, I haven't written in a while. But not much has really happened. I suppose I'm a little put out at the moment, though if this is due to a lack of sleep I'm afraid I cannot say. It's a Saturday and I'll have the house to myself basically for the weekend. Just my grandpa here, but he doesn't much care what I do. I think Artemis is going to stay the night. More "girl time" as we put it.

In reality, screaming at aliens as we try to blow their heads off.

Aren't we just so sweet?

Back to what you've missed and why I'm a bit put out. Well, my horoscope today says something I've been trying to accomplish over the past several months will break loose just the way I want. It'll be a cause for celebration... Hm. I might be foolish for believing in horoscopes, but often enough they tell the truth. So what's going to happen? I don't know... But I guess we'll find out.

Last night I went to an after-exam party of sorts. It was fun, but Demeter was a little down because Artemis and I were scaring her a bit too much. And Athena had some problems keeping everybody under control... But what can you expect? We're a bunch of high schoolers. And if you put three "mortals", Zeus, Apollo, Artemis, Demeter, and I in a room, the results won't be particularly quiet. But it was fun, to put it simply. Lots of fun. Till one of the mortals couldn't get me to fall off the stool, pushed me, and the thing flipped and the steel base of it hit me in the arm. HARD. I think it's bruised down to the bone, and if not then close. But I'm not going to complain, I've had worse.

So yeah, if ya'll haven't figured this out, I'm using the names of Greek Gods and Goddesses as code names for all my friends and what not. Those who aren't a God or Goddess are simply "mortals". Although, I'm not much of a Goddess, myself. Personification of spring and Goddess of the Underworld... Well, I'm a minor Goddess, and that's better than being a mortal, right?

Enough of that. Hn. New lyrics.

"Girl, you wanted to shut it all off and make a run for the door. It's so hard to make it. For every inch we get we need a mile more. But there is always so much distance, can't but feel it somehow. But you have never ever felt it like you feel it right now. I'm closing off inside and it's only just started. You can't be close enough unless I'm feeling your heartbeat."

"All of Your Love" by Hellogoodbye. I love that band... I have a few of their songs. But for "All of Your Love" I only have a couple remixes of it. Eh, oh well. They're really good remixes. Mm. I'm hungry. What else have I missed...

Uh... Right, I think that should cover it for the moment.

If something comes up, I'll write again later.
-Persephone

No comments:

Post a Comment