Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tongue Tied

For any of you who read this that have been in relationships, don't you hate it when your boyfriend or girlfriend totally takes over your thoughts? It's been that way for me for quite some time and, frankly, it's annoying. When I'm away from him, he's all I can think about. And when I'm with him, I can't think at all! So it's hard to have a conversation, because I'm so tongue tied. My thoughts just shut down and I'm like "ohmygawd 8D" and then I just can't do anything and it's just... Yeah. It sucks. There's so many things we could talk about, but it's just impossible to form words or ideas. Just doesn't work.

But in a way, being tongue tied is kinda great. Because I'm tongue tied from being so happy just being around him. It's a paradox, in some senses. I think it's just weird.

Enough! I'm determined not to turn this blog into a mush fest about my boyfriend.

I have a best friend for that.

Anyway... Yesterday me and my family went for a hike around the lake. I was texting my friend who lives across the country and my parents went all anal on me like "They're a pedo!" and I got really pissed at them. I ran ahead and kept marching at three times their speed, sometimes just plain running. I was so mad... Because she's helped me through so much and she's just such an amazing friend to me. I know her online, of course, but we're really close. So... Yeah, it just really pissed me off. Eventually I found a spot totally alone and sat and watched the lake. It was gorgeous and it calmed me down a lot. When my parents finally caught up to me, though, I got all ticked again. They started teasing me, saying I was upset because I missed my boyfriend. I was really peeved, I didn't talk to them. When they started walking again, I got up and walked behind them. Looking back on it now, I kinda like the memory. They were holding hands and acting like they were sixteen and in love, not fifty and married. It made me feel like we were closer to being a family... Except for the fact that I felt completely shut out from the picture. Bittersweet... But I liked that they were acting like they were in love and not fighting like usual.

Anyway. Soon enough Cookie will be over. I haven't seen her in ages. I think she and I will walk down to the movie store, even though it's kinda far, and rent a movie. Maybe Poseidon will be able to meet her, since he lives in the area. It'll be interesting to see what happens, eh? Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see~! I'll keep you posted.
-Persephone

No comments:

Post a Comment